Free assistance with uncontested divorces for low-income clients. We will draft your divorce forms and help you through the process as you file your own divorce. 

Who we help:

- You and the person you want to divorce over 18 years of age,
- You and the person you want to divorce have children under 21 years of age AND you already have custody and child support orders in place,
- Your marriage has been over for at least 6 months and your relationship can't be saved, AND
- All marital property issues, including debt, have been settled.

We will also consider assisting low income clients who do not have children and who have a compelling need, such as they have already tried to complete their uncontested divorce and it was rejected, there is a history of domestic violence, etc.

If you live in Onondaga County, you must contact Hiscock Legal Aid Society first to see if they can assist you at (315) 422-8191. If Hiscock Legal Aid Society has a conflict and cannot assist, please contact us complete an intake.

Call (315) 471-3409 to start your case. You can also email family@onvlp.org for more information.


If you and your spouse do not have children under 21, you can use the NY Courts' free Do-It-Yourself Program, which walks you through an interview and prepares all of the necessary forms for you. You can access the program here.

*If you need an ASL interpreter or an interpreter for any other language, you can email or call the program ahead of time so that we can schedule in in-person interpreter. We also always have telephone-based language interpretation available at all of our programs anytime.